CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Do Fish Dream ?

Monday, February 18, 2008

War Games, circa 1995





The following is the transcript of an actual radio conversation in October 1995 between a U.S. Navy ship and British authorities off the Scottish North coast. The transcript was released by the MoD on the 10/10/95:

BRITISH: Please divert your course 15degrees to the South to avoid collision.

U.S. NAVY: Recommend you divert YOUR course 15degrees to the North to avoid a collision.

BRITISH: Negative. You will have to divert your course 15degrees to the South to avoid a collision.

U.S. NAVY: This is the Captain of U.S. Navy Ship, I say again, divert YOUR course.

BRITISH: Negative, I say again, you will have to divert your course.

U.S. NAVY: This is the Captain of the Aircraft Carrier, USS Lincoln, the second largest ship in the United States Atlantic Fleet. We are accompanied by three destroyers, three cruisers and numerous support vessels. I demand that you change your course 15degrees North, that's 15degrees North, or counter measures will be undertaken to ensure the safety of this ship.

BRITISH: WE ARE A LIGHTHOUSE. FUCK OFF !

5 comments:

Bettie K. said...

LOL! Where do you find this stuff? I wonder if the lighthouse had weapons of mass destruction though....

Jill said...

OMG that's funny! I'm with Sarah - where does this come from? Thanks fo sharing!! :)

Unknown said...

We used to have this hanging up on the wall at work and no matter how many times I read I still crack up. Thanks for my morning giggle TM :-)

Unknown said...

laughed my way through that, how funny..and how yank!

frog ponds rock... said...

I have read this before and I still find it really really funny... but really sad as well..

cheers kim