CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Do Fish Dream ?

Friday, February 22, 2008

Insight from the Dalai Lama Pt3: Perspective


"Every day the media reports incidents of terrorism, crime, and aggression. I have never been to a country where tragic stories of death and bloodshed did not fill the newspapers and airwaves.... But the overwhelming majority of the human race does not behave destructively; very few of the five billion people on this planet actually commit acts of violence. Most of us prefer to be as peaceful as possible"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen sister!!!!

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

I would argue this quote Missus... it is the acts of a few, that have proven the catalyst to fear,retaliation and deaths of thousands upon thousands...

Those who do believe in living as peacefully as possible need to speak out..

It could also be argued that consumer societies are behaving destructively, Just by looking at the effects of humans upon the natural resources of the planet, climate change and waste...

Unknown said...

When I was playing with being a journalist I was advised that I should never worry if a murder, or a break-in or whatever form of bad news was reported.

It was reported because it was news.

Society had a problem when we stopped reporting on such things because we had accepted them as normal - or it was happening so much it was commonplace.

Tex's Missus said...

I agree with you Abbey - we can't afford to get complacent and I truly and honestly believe that a single voice CAN make a difference.

I also truly believe that we who can should speak out on behalf of the oppressed and those who lack a voice. I guess my thoughts in this case were centred on the angst I feel when I think of the bloodshed, violence and wars that rage around the world and I get depressed thinking that we are all fucked - this quote caused me to put things into perspective and remember whilst there are inherently evil and violent people in this world, not everyone is like this and there IS good, purity in light if you open your eyes, your heart and your mind.