CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Do Fish Dream ?

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Insight from the Dalai Lama Pt2: Serenity


"If a person's basic state of mind is serene and calm, then it is possible for this inner peace to overwhelm a painful experience. On the other hand, if someone is suffering from depression, anxiety, or any form of emotional distress, then even if he or she happens to be enjoying physical comforts, he will not really be able to experience the happiness that those could bring"

6 comments:

Watergurl said...

LMAO is that post for me???
Phew, profound people don't waste time or talk crap eh?
I'm hearing it.

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

For me, its stating the obvious...lol...

So many say ..'How can you be like this when you have so much'..I often ask myself that, but when one is in that dark place, no matter what or who you have its extremely difficult to see or feel anything...

Its like a vacumm or a void

Indigo-Daisy said...

I too have been sucked into the doom and gloom of depression, anxiety and panic attacks. I found help through a Hindu woman who taught me how to meditate and do self healing. Tis true that there comes a certain serenity to taking time for yourself to quite your mind.

Whispering Walls said...

great photo

Unknown said...

Oh I do like this piece of wisdom. When I first read it I kinda went 'der' but now, as I consider the words further, I am appreciating the underlaying layers of wisdom ...

VAMP said...

I thought you were talking to ME! This seems to be where I'm at right now...emotional distress go away.