CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Do Fish Dream ?

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Just Sickening ....


Not that there was ever any doubt, but this latest offering proves that there are no limits to the depths that these twisted, loathsome scum will plumb. Not content with the vilification of the gay community, this intolerant group of cretins have launched an attack on an actor who merely played the role of a gay man in a movie:

Anti-gay religious leader Fred Phelps has launched a scathing attack on Heath Ledger, saying his death was "the best thing that ever happened" to his family. The radical Kansas-based church plans to picket Ledger's memorial service which will be held in Los Angeles. Phelps, the 78-year-old pastor of the homosexual hate group from the US known as the Westboro Baptist Church also hit out against Australia, calling it "the land of sodom".

I am both sickened and saddened by this whole issue: I'm sickened by the bigotry, hatred and intolerance that evil people in this world put out there in the name of "religion" ....and I'm desperately sad for Heath Ledger's parents who are over here on the other side of the world, struggling to make sense of their son's death, who will read garbage like this. I'm sad for his young daughter Matilda who will grow up without ever knowing her father. I'm sad for the films that will never be made that would have further showcased this actors enormous talent.

There's no doubt: we live in a seriously fucked up world people....

11 comments:

Sean Wright said...

Yeah. Doesn't like free speech to me, sounds like hate speech. Phelps' daughter is a really shrill harpy too.

Iron Pugilist said...

That is madness. Pure, hate-breeding madness. Such people deserve assasination.

Watergurl said...

I love Heath, I loved Brokeback. I truly believed he deserved the Oscar for that role and yes, I saw Capote.

Not even going to mention those idiots, cos they don't deserve my time of day.

gemmak said...

Jeez.....that is outrageous, I'm speechless (which is very rare)...how can anyone be so f*cked up and bigoted....the world has gone mad!

tina FCD said...

He was a very good actor. He will be missed.

Bettie K. said...

Fred Phelps needs a boot up his ass without lube first of all.

I will be the first to admit that I am a gossip horror...I know more about famous people than I do about my own family. But I have to admit that it made me feel way uncomfortable to see Heath's body taken out in a black bag for the world to see.

Watergurl said...

I agree Sarah, that was bloody rude the way they took him out, but they gave the paparasberries a gloriours photo op, wankers.

Indigo-Daisy said...

People like Phelps are like vampires that steal our positive loving energy and leave us feeling drained and empty. He is dark, full of fear, and has nothing useful to offer anyone. He is like a lowly rat wandering the earth looking for other rats to follow him. Our energy will be far more powerful when it is focused on the loving soul that has now left this earth than on the rats that fill the sewers.
-Deborah

Sean Wright said...

Indigo,

I think you are being unfair ...to rats.

pita-woman said...

Hey, wait a minute Abbey, don't lump all Americans into that category of hating gays, blacks, foreigners, etc. We're not ALL like that!! Yes, sadly, some are. But not all. But I dare say there are bigots in every corner of the world, but every corner also has it's share of those that love their fellow neighbor, despite or inspite of differences of religion, skin color, sexual preference or country of origin.

Jill said...

I had not seen that, that's just plain awful.

Heath's death made me really sad. We're the same age I think and thinking of a life ended at that age was really heartbreaking.