CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Do Fish Dream ?

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Ahhhhhh, Serenity !




Tex and I are off for three days of peace and tranquility (sans kid), at a wilderness retreat. It's a gorgeous place, with absolute privacy, no kids allowed, 2-person spa and is our cabin is built and set high amongst the tree tops. I've booked a two hour aromatherapy massage tomorrow, but the rest of our time is unplanned. We've packed our ipods, masses of books, lounging-around gear and our walking stuff so that we can get out and explore and hopefully get some great photos. Tex's dad is coming to stay to look after the house, our human kid and assortment of furry kids - as they all mutually adore one another, that means no stress for mum and I thoroughly relax :)

Look forward to checking in when we get back on Sunday. In the meantime, have yourselves a lovely weekend blog friends.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

That sounds so fabulous. Miss A has a resolution of sort to pamper herself this year, and by all accounts she is doing that rather well. I struggle with it all a bit more - not that I don't think I am worth it, I just don't like receiving pampering on the whole - a debate would suit me better than a spa, as an example. Mind you, you and Tex are making a very good argument for the luxurious side of life.

Relish every second :-)

BTW - love the photo!

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

Oh baby, so envious...sounds more like a honey moon...your inner glow will flood over to an outer...smile...want full details on return...

Sorry been away, been bit distracted with new baby..

Anonymous said...

oh, that sounds like heaven! Enjoy

tina FCD said...

Have fun.

Bettie K. said...

JEALOUS! Have a wonderful weekend...can't wait to see the pics!

Anonymous said...

Have a super fantastic time!

Take some nude photos of Tex so we can all have a good laugh. :o)

gemmak said...

Can I come!!!

Tex's Missus said...

Hi Girls,
Thanks for your lovely comments. It was a blissful three days - no phones, no people, 2hr aromatherapy massage, spa's (yep, water wasting, but don't do it often), kayaking in the river, watching old movies with Tex, walking around communing with animals and birds and just really enjoying being still. Ahhhhh,

But, back to reality with a thud. Home to washing, ironing, cleaning, getting ready to start back to work, finding wet towels and togs from son's swimming antics four days ago (stinky!), late DVD fines to pay, dogs to walk, bills to pay - yep, it's good to get away !! Bloody hot here too - 39degC, but I guess this is what summer in Australia is all about. I hate the humidity that comes with it here in Sydney though, and the lack of a seabreeze at night to cool things off.

Thanks again for dropping by my place - I'll try to post regularly, but going back to work 12hours a day is going to take a bit of readjustment. Hope your weekends were fabulous and that the coming week brings lots of smiles.

cheers :)

Unknown said...

Miss Tm I am so pleased you had such a blissful time (and yes I am jealous)but I am more pleased that your are back :-)

Jill said...

I envy you! That sounds like heaven.

P.S. - I have never heard anyone else use the words 'sans' before you - I use it and people always look at me weird. :)

Junosmom said...

I was going to say - don't tell me it was warm, too - and then I remembered you are having summer. It is 17 F here (-8C). Don't tell my dh about your trip, it'll throw him into a deep depression. :-)