CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Do Fish Dream ?

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Are You a Cat or a Dog Person ?



Yep, you’ll always get the big issues here at Missus Tex :)

So, bloggers, are you a Dog or a Cat Person ? Tex and I have both; we have two dogs – an adorable, beautifully natured Husky/Border Collie X named Banjo ...



and a feisty Australian Cattle Dog with attitude named Saffy ...




and two Burmese Cats, a Blue Tortoiseshell girl named Minti who loves you to death .... on her terms




.... and a chocolate boy called Jaffa who loves to snuggle.




They are both exclusively indoor cats, but have an enclosure built off the side of the house where they can sit in the 'outdoors' in safety (and where the native birds and animals are safe from them !)







I love all of our furry kids to bits, and I could not choose one of them over another. I love the dogs because I can get outdoors and take them for long walks, but my cats are the ones I cuddle up with and talk to when Tex is away with work. And while the pets 'belong' to everyone in the house, the boys have a greater affinity with the dogs and I treat the cats like they're my children. So, I guess I am more of a cat person.

But, just to be sure, I took the Pet Personality Test and with a score of 85.7 %, I'm definitely a cat girl.

Cat Person
As a cat person, you approach life with thoughtfulness. You are self-aware and have close friends who will be there for life. The subtleties and mysteries of the world intrigue you. Your ideal Friday night is good conversation or a movie you can't figure out the ending to. Your take-charge attitude sometimes meets with conflict, but you always surpass expectations when it comes to your work. You value intelligence, grace and independence, which is why a feline friend is best for you.

What about you ? Are you a Dog or a Cat Person ?

18 comments:

Sean Wright said...

The pecking order in our house is:
Sean's Cats
Sean's Wife
Sean.

So I am a cat person or rather I am the cats biatch

Jill said...

Such cute animals! Its always more fun when they have attitude. ;)

I am a dog person, simply because I am deathly allergic to cats. If I walk into a home with cats I immediately start sneezing and my eyes swell shut. Its a sad thing - I could watch cats play for hours on end.

Joe said...

I'm allergic to them both. Which is a shame.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Bettie K. said...

I am dog person---however...our dog and I have a serious love/hate relationship. There is no question that she belongs to the kids and she knows it.

tina FCD said...

I'm a mutt it says! lol!

Poodles said...

It said I am a mutt too, but I know I am a dog person.

I like cats, but I too am allergic. If I weren't I would probably have those also. Oh and Guinea pig hair and rabbit hair are similar to cat hair so I can't have those either.

In my house, the pecking order is Dogs... then everyone else.

I just wished they lived longer.

Joe...That explains why you have a hypo-allergenic dog.

Anonymous said...

I am a dog person.Cats and I don't get along well at all.

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

I'm a dog person through and through...but somehow my child heir became a cat person? he has all the gadgets like you and relaxes watching his cats..go figure...we have maltese & G.Dane...

Joe said...

Actually, Poodles, Joe Joe still upsets my head off and on. Not as bad as Happy before he passed, but still. And the dog came with Sandra and the kids. I like him so its all good. I buy him pig ears from Costco and he's a happy pup when he gets one.

Tex's Missus said...

Hey assorted mutts and cats' biatches....thanks for stopping by and chucking your two cents worth in. When I think of how much unconditional affection and pleasure I get from being with my furry kids, I'm not sure that pet-less people know what they are missing. Give your pooches and pussies (no, I mean your cats) from me :)

Poodles said...

But Joe Joe is so freakin' cute...I get mine the choo hooves instead of the pigs ears.

pita-woman said...

I'll take dogs over cats anyday! In addition to our 3 Great Danes, we do have 2 cats. I'm allergic ('though not deathly so) to them, but I suffer through. I figure I took on the responsibility of owning them, so I'll provide them the comforts & basic care to see them through to the end, whenever that may be. But I prefer dogs most of all... I just love their personalities and sociabilities.

Unknown said...

i'd like to be a cat person, but not sure hubby would be kind to it, he's definately a dog lover...

...sometimes i fantasise about being a cat person, mainly when i'm yelling at the dogs for barking, or dreading the thought of walking them yet again cause no-one else will!

Tex's Missus said...

Hi Pita - yes, you are right, dogs are more sociable in general and it's a shame you are allergic to cats. My Burmese cats are very dog-like in their behaviour - they follow me around like a dog and will even fetch when I throw toy mice or screwed up bits of paper to them - they run after it and pick it up in their mouth and drop it at my feet - pretty cute :)

Hi Kyles, I hear you ! Even though our two dogs officially belong to my husband and son, I am the one who picks up thier poo and walks them - because the boys are tooo slack and I feel guilty ... especially when they look at me with 'sad eyes' !

Anonymous said...

Dog person, because dogs seem to be laughing all the time and they don't mind doing stupid things if it is amusing to them and others - a bit like me.

VAMP said...

Love 'em both. Loved cats when I was an apt dweller. Finally got my precious dog Ginger when we bought our house 4 years ago. But we already had a cat (Ashley) too, so we have both and love them both, but I don't think they love each other. They just tolerate one another, with some friendly swiping at each other....

Anonymous said...

Deffinitley a cat person. I never had such a love for dogs as i do for cats ^^