CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Do Fish Dream ?

Thursday, December 27, 2007

What do you want to be when you grow up ??

I've been struggling for years to find the answer to this question. If only I'd thought to take the blog test, I may not be having such a career crisis right now. I need to find a vocation where my personal values match those of the organisation I work in. (Actually, this is one career choice I legitimately considered when I was younger, but ironically, I was cautioned against it because I would "take on other people's problems as if they were your own". I guess the inference was that I would lack objectivity and get too personally involved. Maybe I should have gone with my gut instinct and ignored them all!)

You Should Be a Social Worker

You are deeply caring and empathetic.
You are able to take on other people's problems as if they were your own.
Sensitive and intuitive, you understand human emotions well.
Helping others gives you the most joy in life. You feel like it's your purpose in life.

You do best when you:

- Have a lot of responsibility
- Greatly impact someones life with your work

You would also be a good philanthropist or stay at home parent.

7 comments:

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

I would give it a go if its what you want...I was going to work with sex offenders in Grafton, and someone who i admired told be not to as i 'wouldnt cope' ...so I didnt apply for the job...a part of me always wonders if I could of done it...

One of the things I learnt early on is there are many areas of social work, and you also get training and debriefing in attachment, over identifying & self care...

ive only known you a little while but you seem to have a good heart...i think you would be suited...lol now I'm recruiting...

tina FCD said...

I should be a mechanic.

You are logical, calm, and detail oriented.
You're rational when things are chaotic, and for you, reason always prevails.
And while you are guided by logic, you aren't a slave to it.
You're flexible when it counts. You are always open to being wrong.

You do best when you:

- Work with your hands
- Can use tools, machines, or equipment

You would also be a good architect or carpenter.
------------
That is sooo right! I love working with wood. I can look at a picture of something that people want to sell and make my own with no plans. Cool.And I love umm..tools. :)

Bettie K. said...

I to should be a mechanic and those characteristics are right on (truth be told, though, I can barely put air in my tires).

When I was in college, I decided that I wanted to change majors and become a teacher. My advisor told me not to; at the time there was a saturation of teachers . I have always regretted not going with my gut.

Tex's Missus said...

Maybe it's not too late for us girls. Maybe I'm just scared of following my heart; I keep harking back to a quote I heard ages ago, and its pertinent here I think.

I loved that quote Abbey - I'll have to write it down for future reflection. It reminds me of another favourite of mine:

If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise.

(Robert Fritz)

I need to find something I'm passionate about, and stop procrastinating - and do it.

Chelsea + Shiloh said...

Laugh...you probably have many passions...Its whittling them down to one someone else will pay you for thats hard...

Unknown said...

I just did the test and it says I should be an artist! I have blogged it (with acknowledgement to yourself of course) becuase it is one of the 'dreams' I am presently following :-)

Poodles said...

I should be a manager.

I used to direct plays, I suppose that counts.