CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Do Fish Dream ?

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Today my son turned 15....

....and all I can do is sit and wonder where the time has gone. He is no longer my little boy, but an incredible young man with independent hopes, dreams and aspirations. I find it amazing that I haven't completely fucked him up and that somehow he has managed to grow up to be a completely well-adjusted and self-confident kid. This quiet self-confidence allows him to tell me that he loves me every day and give me a hug in front of his peers, without embarrassment and with genuine feeling. Of all of the things that I have ever done, he is by far my greatest achievement and whilst there are times when he exasperates and infuriates me beyond all reason, there is rarely a day that goes by that I don't reflect upon just how proud I am of him and who he is.

Okay, I'll agree -this is completely self-indulgent, sappy stuff - but this is my blog and I'll put whatever the fuck I like in it !

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!

frog ponds rock... said...

Yay my son is 13 and hugs me too!!!

The black background is really doing my head in though.. sorry ...